Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Baby Shower Gift {Rock Star Style}

So if you loved my first version of the baby gift I was designing for my sister to give to a friend.  Then you are going to really LOVE the newest version.  The first post that you can find here was my trial run.  I changed a few things and added some cute details and I give you:
The Rock Star Baby Gift


I'll show you the star of the show. The diaper clutch/ changing pad.  I changed/ improved how I attached the pocket that holds the diapers & wipes.  I also made the pad a little larger because version one seemed a little small.
Here it is unrolled and ready to use.  The pocket can be flipped out and would actually be a comfy pillow for baby while he/she gets a diaper change. 

Here it is folded up- notice the appliqued guitar (I love this detail!)

Next, is a simple burp cloth with matching fabric.

Last is an adorable tie onesie which also has the matching fabric.  If you're wanting some of this cool fabric I ordered it from Fabric.com (because they offer free shipping on orders over $35) and it's called Michael Miller Groovy Guitars Lagoon.
Ok, for my favorite part of this onesie check out the back!

Here's a closeup


Here's the whole set again


Stay tuned for a tutorial on the changing pad...I am still working on it!
post signature











   
craft 

15 comments:

  1. Very cute, Erica! I love that print. I redid my car seat in that fabric before my baby was born.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOODNESS!!! I absolutely LOVE this!!! Do you think I put enough exclamation marks ;o) Thanks for sharing this! I love the Changing pad and how you added a pocket :o)
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have a tutorial for the Changing pad? Im sure its pretty easy for me to figure out, but if you had a tutorial I would do much better!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!! I am just making my supply list for the gigantic shower gift basket I am making for one of my closest friend's baby boy!! You did such a nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The burp cloth and changing pad are fabulous but the onsie is DA BOMB!!! That is gonna be one rockin' baby!!!
    Linking up thru seven-thirty-three's blog party!
    ~Rachel from http://cookscleansplayswithpaper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute, Erica! I love the little guitar on the onesie. Another great gift set.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are AWESOME!!! This is so cute!! I made a onesie for our son to wear to his aunt's CD release party...her album cover was on the front and we put "We're behind you all the way!" where you have the extra guitar!!
    smiles!
    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  8. This almost makes me want to have more children! (almost;) I am new follower! Love your blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like Gift sets! This is a great one. The back of the onesie is awesome! Great unexpected cute Idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is adorable! I love the onsie with the little guitar on the bottom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH my goodness! I love this set! The guitar on the bottom is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So So darling, I love it, what a fun idea!

    Carlee
    www.ladybirdln.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This would certainly make an amazing gift for baby showers. The themed design is very simple but looks really cute, and this is also going to be a very useful gift that an expecting parent would love. I would love to get these for my niece as she’ll be celebrating her 1st birthday party next week at the event space NYC.

    ReplyDelete

bisforboy@yahoo.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...