Tuesday, October 5, 2010

C is for canvas



I actually started this project to go with my applique post but am just now finishing it.  It was actually very simple.  I found a cute dump truck applique at  fatcatpatterns.com and thought it would look cute in my older son's room.  The canvas I had bought for around $5 at Walmart a few years ago for a project I never completed.  First I appliqued the truck onto a piece of background fabric then raided my husbands toolbox and used his staple gun to attach the fabric to the canvas.  I have one more canvas and I think I'll make a train to go along with the truck.  What I love best about this quick, easy project was that it cost me very little.  The canvas was cheap and the fabric was all out of my scrap pile!

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute! I love that it's appliqued but on canvas. So clever! Love the little bit of dirt peeking out the top of the truck.

    Your blog is adorable! I love everything you've done so far. Good luck... it's VERY addicting once you get going but also tons of fun.

    ReplyDelete

bisforboy@yahoo.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...